23. Punishment for the contravention of any provision of the Act
(1) Whoever accepts, or assists any person, political party or organisation in accepting any foreign contribution or any currency from a foreign source, in contravention of any provision of this Act or any rule made thereunder, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both.
(2) Whoever accepts any foreign hospitality in contravention of any provision of this Act or any rule made thereunder, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
24. Power to impose additional fine where article or currency is not available for confiscation
Notwithstanding anything contained in the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), the court trying a person, who, in relation to any article or currency, whether Indian or foreign, does or omits to do any act which act or omission would render such article or currency liable to confiscation under this Act, may, in the event of the conviction of such person for the act or omission aforesaid, impose on such person a fine not exceeding five times the value of the article or currency or one thousand rupees, whichever is more, if such article or currency is not available for confiscation, and the fine so imposed shall be in addition to any other fine which may be imposed on such person under this Act.
25. Penalty for offences where no separate punishment has been provided
Whoever fails to comply with any provision of this Act for which no separate penalty has been provided in this Act shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine not exceeding one thousand rupees, or with both.
1[25A. Prohibition of acceptance of foreign contribution
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, whoever, having been convicted of any offence under sub-section (1) of section 23 or section 25, insofar as such offence relates to the acceptance or utilisation of foreign contribution, is again convicted of such offence shall not accept any foreign contribution for a period of three years from the date of the subsequent conviction.] ....continued