3. Grant of special licence
(1) Where the Importer-Exporter Code Number granted to any person has been suspended or cancelled under sub-section (1) of section 8, the Director-General may, having regard to the following factors, grant to him a special licence, namely:-
(1) that the denial of a special licence is likely to affect the foreign trade of India adversely; or
(2) that the suspension or cancellation of the Importer-Exporter Code Number is likely to lead to non-fulfilment of any obligation by India under any international agreement;
(2) The special licence granted to any person under sub-rule (1) shall be non-transferable.
4. Application for grant of licences
A person may make an application for the grant of a licence to import or export goods in accordance with the provisions of the policy or an order made under section 3.